第三條 論文指導教授 一、碩士班研究生應於入學後一年內選定指導教授，並完成登記，若 未於規定期間內選定指導教授者，由系務會議協調之。 二、指導教授應為本系之專任或合聘教師(含專案教師)。t>
三、碩士生除論文外，至少須修滿24學分，內含通過4學期書報討論 （課號：AP6003、AP6004、AP6007、AP6008）課程；且碩士班專 題研究至多認定2學分，書報討論至多認定4學分；非經系務會 議同意，學分必需全部為在本系碩博士班的課程。。
五、大學部非大氣科學畢業學生必須先主修研究生之必選『理論氣象 (I)、(II)』課程，不得計入研究所最低畢業學分。【註：若本課 程沒有通過，則要加選並通過大學部之「大氣動力學」（理論氣 象I）或「天氣學與天氣分析」（理論氣象 II）各至少一學期。】
◆ Master's Degree Student Qualifying Examination Regulation
1. This regulation is stipulated in accordance with "National Central University Rules Governing the Master's and Doctoral Degree Qualifying Exam and Thesis Defense".
2. Master's degree student should choose a faculty member of the institute as thesis advisor, complete the required core courses and pass the qualifying examination. Then they can apply for the graduation.
3. The advising professor of thesis.
a. The master degree students need to find a professor as thesis advisor and report the department before the end of the first academic year. If the student fails to find an advisor before the deadline, the case should be discussed through the department faculty meeting.
b. An advising professor should be a faculty member of the institute
4. Courses selection:
a. The thesis advisor should advise the course selection for the graduate student.
b. The students who haven't found the thesis advisor will be assigned by one of the faculty members as a temporary instructor to help student select courses.
c. Master degree student should take at least 24 credits including 4 credits for seminar discussions (course number: AP6003、AP6004、AP6007、AP6008). Master's Special Topics can be admitted at most for 2 credits. Seminar discussions can be admitted at most for 4 credits. All of the course credits should be taken in the department. If the courses are taken in different department, courses need to be reviewed by committee of Faculty affairs.
d. If a course is two semesters long but the student has only taken it for one semester, any credit hours earned from that course will not be counted toward the student's minimum credits hours required for graduation. But subjects which name as "I" and "II" won't be limited.
e. Graduate students who doesn't graduate from Atmospheric Science related degrees should take courses "Theoretical Meteorology Ⅰ" and "Theoretical Meteorology II ". These courses cannot be counted for the minimum requirement of the graduate credits. If the student does not pass these courses, he/she has to take and pass the courses "Atmospheric Dynamics" or "Synoptic Meteorology and Weather Analysis" which are offered in undergraduate level.
5. Graduate students who wish to apply for course waiver must do so in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth in the Master Degree's Credit Waiver Guidelines.
6. Degree Examination follows by "National Central University Rules Governing the Master's and Doctoral Degree Qualifying Exam and Thesis Defense"
a. Students enrolled in our department are not allowed to have duplicate degrees from different university or academic institution.
b. Master's students need to complete their course of study in 1~4 academic years. For non-full time students, they can apply for a one-year extension of their period of study.
8. Shall there be any issues have not been covered by this regulation, please refer to Ministry of Education and National Central University Academic Affairs Regulation.
9. These rules shall be implemented and entered into force upon approval by a meeting of the Faculty Affairs Committee and appraisal and ratification by the Office of Academic Affairs. The same procedure applies to any amendment of these rules.